- Do you suffer with hot flushes, mood swings or insomnia?
- Do you have dry skin, painful joints or weight gain since your menstrual cycle has changed?
- Are you periods becoming irregular, heavier or just unpredictable?
- Do you have a family history of osteoporosis and are concerned about your bone health?
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms then a combination of nutritional changes, acupuncture and/or tui na massage could help The Menopause is not a sudden cessation of the menstrual cycle, but a period of time (usually over 4 years) where periods become less regular, often heavier and less predictable. This timeframe is also referred to as the perimenopause, as the levels of the female hormone oestrogen change and ultimately drop. For some women symptoms can be acute and stressful. But there is a lot you can do to support yourself.
- What you eat can have a big impact on your hormone balance.
- At this point in your life your digestive system and liver need a lot of support.
- You may be deficient in vital vitamins and minerals that the body needs to cope with hormonal changes.
- Your metabolism may slow down, and you might have to change your diet accordingly.
- Stress has a big impact on hormone balance and this is a key area to address, through diet, lifestyle and acupuncture or tui na massage.
As well as dietary and lifestyle advice, Emily Fawell, the Ealing Bridge to Health based Nutritional Therapist, can also offer functional testing, and uses a specific test for the Menopause which looks at levels of oestrogen, progesterone and testosterone; oestrogen metabolites which can help or hinder hormone health; and bone turnover rate, which is a marker for osteopenia and osteoporosis. Women tend not to think of acupuncture treatment for menopausal issues, but our Ealing based Acupuncturist, Jackie Graham, knows that it is extremely effective in balancing your body thereby helping you cope with stress, insomnia, hot flushes and other side-effects of the menopause. Needles used in acupuncture are sterilised and extremely fine, the width of a horse’s hair being one of the well-used phrases. But if needles aren’t your cup of tea, Jackie can also offer Tui Na massage, which is a form of massage which comes under the umbrella of Chinese Medicine. It follows the same meridians and points as those used in acupuncture, and can be very effective in dealing with a wide range of health issues. Here at Bridge to Health we offer two packages of Menopausal support Standard Menopausal Support Package 3 sessions of acupuncture or Tui Na massage 3 Nutritional Therapy consultations Cost: £335 (saving you £60) Comprehensive Menopausal Support Package 6 sessions of acupuncture or Tui Na massage 3 Nutritional Therapy consultations Genova Diagnostics Menopause test (requires urine and saliva samples) Cost: £725 (saving you £80) If you are interested in finding out more please contact Emily on 07967 639347 or Jackie on 07733 274745, or visit their respective websites: www.4wellpeople.co.uk and www.jackiegrahamacupuncture.com.